The choice of medication for treatment of patients with chronic pelvic inflammatory diseases
Keywords:pelvic inflammatory diseases, chlamydia, azithromycin, hemomycin
Patients with chronic pelvic inflammatory diseases are often exceeding 2/3 among women seeking for the obstetrician-gynecologist help. To determine the therapeutic strategy it is need clear ideas about the most common cause of pelvic inflammatory diseases and methods of their treatment. In practice, the most frequently are chlamydia and mycoplasma infection, gonorrhea rate is gradually reduced. Among the antibacterial agents with a wide spectrum of activity macrolides are the most popular in the treatment of uncomplicated forms of pelvic inflammatory diseases. Among them azithromycin has the best bio-availability, high efficiency and the possibility for pulse therapy. On the Ukrainian pharmaceutical market represented more than 20 azithromycin drugs. Hemomycin is the only azithromycin generic drug in Ukraine with establishing bioequivalence.
The comparative study of hemomycin efficiency (main group) and other generic azithromycin medications registered in Ukraine (comparison group) in the treatment of 124 patients with chronic salpingoophoritis and cervicitis of chlamydial etiology was performed.
After treatment in women of the main group there was almost complete reduction of clinical symptoms. In the comparison group positive dynamics was significantly less pronounced. In the main group the efficiency of chlamydial infection treatment was 100%, while in the comparison group 16.1% of cases marked failure. Restoration of normal vaginal biotope was reported in 95.6% of patients in the main group and in the comparison group in 23.2% of patients remained cocci flora.
Hemomycin is superior in their effectiveness comparatively to other generic azithromycin drugs with pulse therapy regimen application. The appointment of hemomycin provides complete elimination of chlamydial infection, the completion of the inflammatory tissue response, vaginal flora restoration and protective properties of cervical mucous. According to the pharmacoeconomic qualities and clinical efficiency hemomycin is the drug of choice for antibacterial therapy of genital chlamydiosis.
- Belotserkovtseva, D.D., Budanov, P.V. “Azithromycin (Sumamed) for the treatment of chlamydial infection in gynecological practice.” Questions of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Perinatology 2.3 (2003): 81–4.
- Zimenkivskyi, A.B., Ryvak, T.B. “Principles of rational choice of antimicrobial drugs for pharmacotherapy of diseases caused by atypical pathogens infection in clinical practice.” Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmacotherapy and Medical Standardization 3–4 (2009): 131–7.
- Karpov, O.I. “Original drugs and copies of macrolides: opposition trends.” Pharmateka 82 (2004): 3–4.
- Mitrokhin, B.E. “Original drugs and generics. Selection problems.” // 1st Siberian Congress of Obstetricians- Gynecologists and Dermatologists Materials. Actual problems of obstetrics, gynecology and dermatology. Novosibirsk (2006): 41–43.
- Haggerty, C.L., Ness, R.B. “Diagnosis and treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease.” Womens Health 4.4 (2008): 383–397.
- Rowland, K., Ewigman, B. “Azithromycin for PID beats doxycycline on all counts.” The journal of family practice 56.12 (2007): 1006–8.
- Savaris, R.F., Teixeira, L.M., Torres, T.G., et al. “Comparing ceftriaxone plus azithromycin or doxycycline for pelvic inflammatory disease: a randomized controlled trial.” Obstet Gynecol 110.1 (2007): 53–60.
- Soper, D.E. “Pelvic inflammatory disease.” Obstet Gynecol 116.2.1 (2010): 419–28.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 О. В. Грищенко, И. В. Лахно, В. И. Останина, Е. В. Милютин
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.