Large size symptomatic uterine leiomyoma. Is saving the uterus feasible?
Keywords:large size uterine leiomyoma, metrorrhagia, anemia, venous thrombosis of iliofemoral segment
The paper presents the clinical case of large size uterine leiomyoma complicated by uterine bleeding and venous thrombosis of iliofemoral segment. Due to the use of minimally invasive methods successful staged organ saving treatment of leiomyoma with coexisting somatic pathology was performed after which the patient has a good perspective of fertility preservation.
- Tatarchuk, T.F., Кosei, N.V. “Differential approach to conserving therapy of uterine leiomyoma in different age.” Medical Aspects of Women's Health, 4(2008): 24–28.
- Tatarchuk, T.F., Кosei, N.V., Tutchenko, T.N. “Uterine fibroids and reproductive function of women: a critical assessment of therapeutic approaches.” Reproductive Endocrinology, 1(2011): 56–63.
- Berkane, N., Moutafoff-Borie, C. “Impact of previous uterine artery embolization on fertility.” Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol, 22(2010): 242–247.
- D onnez, J., Tatarchuk, T.F., Bouchard, P., Puscasiu, L., Zakharenko, N.F., Ivanova, T., Ugocsai, G., Mara, M., Jilla, M.P., Bestel, E., Terrill, P., Osterloh, I., Loumaye, E. “Ulipristal acetate versus placebo for fibroid treatment before surgery.” N Engl J Med, 366(5) (2012): 409–20.
- Klatsky, P.C., Tran, N.D., Caughey, A.B., Fujimoto, V.Y. “Fibroids and reproductive outcomes: a systematic literature review from conception to delivery.” Am J Obstet Gynecol, 198(2008): 357–366.
- M oss, J., Cooper, K., Khaund, A., Murray, L., Murray, G., Wu, O., et al. “Randomised comparison of uterine artery embolisation (UAE ) with surgical treatment in patients with symptomatic uterine fibroids (REST trial): 5-year results.” BJOG, 118(8) (2011): 936–944.
- M ohan, P., Hamblin, M.H., Vogelzang, R.L. “Uterine Artery Embolization and Its Effect on Fertility.” Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, 24(7) (2013): 925–930.
- P ritts, E.A., Parker, W.H., Olive, D.L. “Fibroids and infertility: an updated systematic review of the evidence.” Fertil Steril, 91(2009): 1215–1223.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Т. Ф Татарчук, Н. В. Косей, Л. А. Васильченко, В. А. Джупін
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.