Problem of vitamin D deficiency
Keywords:vitamin D, vitamin D deficiency, laboratory diagnostics
In the article the problem of vitamin D deficiency, and its significance for the human body are presented. Its main source is fortified foods and dietary supplements. Vitamin D is also produced in the body by the action on the skin of ultraviolet radiation. Low concentrations of vitamin associated with level of total mortality, cardiovascular diseases and cancer. It is proven protective effects of vitamin D in diseases of the skeletal system (rickets, osteoporosis, osteomalacia).
- Holick, M.F. “Vitamin D deficiency.” N Engl J Med, 357(2007): 266–281.
- Bishoff-Ferrari, H.A., Burckhardt, P., Quack-Loetscher, K., Gerber, B., at all. “Vitamin D deficiency: Evidence, safety, and recommendations for the Swiss population.” Report written by a group of experts on behalf of the Federal Commission for Nutrition (FCN) 2012. Online access [www.iccidd.org/p142000804.html], last accessed 30 Apr 2015.
- D awson-Hughes, B., Mithal, A., et al. “IOF positions tatement: vitamin D reccomendations for older adults.” Osteoporos INT, 21(7) (2010): 1151–1154.
- Schwartz, G.J. Vitamin D and D-gormon. Moscow (2005): 152 p.
- Haines, S.T., Park, S.K. “Vitamin D supplementation: what’s known, what to do, and what’s needed.” Pharmacotherapy, 32(2012): 354–382.
- Holick, M.F. “Resurrection of vitamin D deficiency and rickets.” J Clin Invest, 116(2006): 2062–2072.
- R ajakumar, K., Greenspan, S.L., Thomas, S.B., Holick, M.F. “Solar ultraviolet radiation and vitamin D: a historical perspective.” Am J Public Health, 97(2007): 1746–1754.
- Holick, M.F., Binkley, N.C., Bischoff-Ferrari, H.A., et al. “Evaluation, treatment, and prevention of vitamin D deficiency: an Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline.” J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 96(2011): 1911–1930.
- Institute of Medicine, Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D. Washington, DC. National Academy Press (2010).
- Kalinichenko, S.Y., Pyharova, O.A., Gusakova, D.A., Pleshcheva, A.V. “Vitamin D and urolithiasis.” Consilium Medicum, 12(2012) (Vol. 14): 97–102.
- Holik, M.F. “Vitamin D: importance in the prevention of cancers, type 1 diabetes, heart disease, and osteoporosis.” Am J Clin Nutr, 79(3) (2004): 362–371.
- Shishkova, V.N. “Obesity and osteoporosis.” Osteoporosis and Osteopathy, 1(2011): 21–27.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 О. В. Рыкова, В. Б. Зафт, А. А. Зафт, Ж. О. Клімова, І. В. Бойко, В. В. Галицька
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.