Role of local immunity factors in the development of vaginal dysbiosis in girls of prepubertal and pubertal age
Keywords:vaginal dysbiosis, prepubertal, pubertal age, lysozyme, secretory IgA, lactoferrin, phagocytosis
Data on the local immune reactivity in the formation of colonization resistance in girls with vaginal dysbiosis are few and contradictory. The aim of the work was to study the role of local immunity factors in the development of vaginal dysbiosis in girls of prepubertal and pubertal age. It was studied the species composition of the vaginal microbiota, the type and severity of dysbiosis, humoral and cellular immunity in vaginal swabs.
The general trend in the study groups was to increase the level of white blood cells and lactoferrin, reduction of slgA, lysozyme activity and phagocytosis activity, the phagocytic index number and completeness of phagocytosis. The nature of the local immune response depended on the type and severity of vaginal dysbiosis. The greatest immunological changes were recorded in mixed forms of dysbiosis and a large number of microorganisms in associates in diagnostically significant quantities
- Andriiets, O.A. Vulvovaginitis in girls in the different age of puberty (etiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment and prevention): Abstract of dissertation for the MD on specialty 14.01.01. “Obstetrics and Gynecology” / National Medical University named after O.O. Bogomolets. Kyiv (2006): 38 p.
- Gizatullina, D.N. “Clinical and immunological features of the course and diagnostik chronic vulvovaginitis in girls of preschool and early school age.” Kazan Medical Journal, 88(2) (2007): 147–150.
- Gizatullina, D.N. Clinical and immunological features of chronic vulvovaginal candidiasis etiology girls of preschool and early school age: Abstract of dissertation for the PhD on specialty 14.00.01. “Obstetrics and Gynecology”, 14.00.36 “Allergology and Immunology” / Kazan State Medical Academy. Kazan (2007): 22 p.
- Chaika, A.V, Nosenko, O.M, Ostapenko, O.I, Suslikova, L.V, Podolskyi, V.V, Rutynska, G.V. The method of bacterial vaginosis diagnosis through a comprehensive quantitative polymerase chain reaction in real time (Guidelines). Kyiv (2010): 24 p.
- Naumkina, E.V, Rudakov, N.V., Kuchinskaya, N.V., Pahalkova, E.V., Gordienko, N.G. “Condition of vaginal flora and vaginal local immunity factors in inflammatory diseases of the sexual sphere.” Bulletin of ESSC SB RAM S, 7(45) (2005): 89–93.
- Shishkova, Y.S. The role of neutrophils in the formation of colonization resistance of the mucous membranes: Abstract of dissertation for the MD on specialty 14.03.09 “Clinical immunology, allergology” / Y.S. Shishkova: State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education “Chelyabinsk State Medical Academy of the Federal Agency for Health and Social Development”. — Chelyabinsk, 2010. — 38 p.
- Arazna, M., Pruchniak, M.P., Zycinska, K., Demkow, U. “Neutrophil extracellular trap in human diseases.” Adv Exp Med Biol, 756(2013): 1–8.
- Brinkmann, V., Laube, B., Abu Abed U., et al. “Neutrophil extracellular traps: how to generate and visualize them.” J Vis Exp, 36(2010).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 G. V. Rutynska, V. M. Astakhov, O. M. Nosenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.