Testing human papilloma virus in cervical screening
Keywords:cervical cancer, cervical screening, traditional cytology, liquid-based cytology, PAP -test, human papilloma virus
The article presents modern laboratory aspects of cervical screening, which include assessment of infection with human papillomavirus (HPV) high carcinogenic risk.
It were developed molecular methods for HPV detection on the major effects of the virus on cells that have a high diagnostic sensitivity than cytology
- W right, T.C., Stoler, M.H., Sharma, A., et al. “Evaluation of HPV-16 and HPV-18 genotyping for the triage of women with high-risk HPV+ cytology-negative results.” Am J Clin Pathol, 136(2011): 578–586.
- “FDA Approves First Human Papillomavirus Test for Primary Cervical Cancer Screening.” U.S. Food and Drug Administration News Release, April 24, 2014. [http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm394773.htm] Last accessed February 26, 2015.
- C uzick, J., Clavel, C., Petry, K.U., Meijer, C.J., Hoyer, H., Ratnam, S., et al. “Overview of the European and North American studies on HPV testing in primary cervical cancer screening.” Int J Cancer, 119(2006): 1095–1101.
- Li, N., Franceschi, S., Howell-Jones, R., Snijders, P.J., Clifford, G.M. “Human papillomavirus type distribution in 30,848 invasive cervical cancers worldwide: Variation by geographical region, histological type and year of publication.” Int J Cancer, 128(2011): 927–935.
- Bulk, S., Visser, O., Rozendaal, L., Verheijen, R.H., Meijer, C.J. “Incidence and survival rate of women with cervical cancer in the Greater Amsterdam area.” Br J Cancer, 89(2003): 834–839.
- C onfortini, M., Bergeron, C., Desai, M., Negri, G., Dalla, P.P., Montanari, G., et al. “Accuracy of liquid-based cytology: comparison of the results obtained within a randomized controlled trial (the New Technologies for Cervical Cancer Screening Study) and an external group of experts.” Cancer Cytopathol, 118(2010): 203–208.
- W alboomers, J.M., Jacobs, M.V., Manos, M.M., Bosch, F.X., Kummer, J.A., Shah, K.V., et al. “Human papillomavirus is a necessary cause of invasive cervical cancer worldwide.” J Pathol, 189(1999): 12–19.
- P etry, K.U., Schmidt, D., Scherbring, S., Luyten, A., Reinecke-Luthge, A., Bergeron, C., et al. “Triaging Pap cytology negative, HPV positive cervical cancer screening results with p16/Ki-67 Dual-staine cytology.” J Gynecol Oncol (2011).
- M unoz, N., Bosch, F.X., Castellsague, X., Diaz, M., De Sanjose, S., Hammouda, D., et al. “Against which human papillomavirus types shall we vaccinate and screen? The international perspective.” Int J Cancer, 111(2004): 278–285.
- O vermeer, R.M., Henken, F.E., Bierkens, M., Wilting, S.M., Timmerman, I., Meijer, C.J., et al. “Repression of MA L tumour suppressor activity by promoter methylation during cervical carcinogenesis.” J Pathol, 219(2009): 327–336.
- A rbyn, M., Anttila, A., Jordan, J., Ronco, G., Schenck, U., Segnan, N., Wiener, H., Herbert, A., Daniel, J., Von Karsa, L., European Commission, editors. European Guidelines for Quality Assurance in Cervical Cancer Screening, 2nd ed. Luxembourg. Office for Official Publications of the European Communities (2008): 1–291.
- A rbyn, M., Sasieni, P., Meijer, C.J., Clavel, C., Koliopoulos, G., Dillner, J. “Chapter 9: Clinical applications of HPV testing: a summary of meta-analyses.” Vaccine, 24(3) (2006): 78–89.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 О. В. Рыкова
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.