Pecularities of functional state of antigen-presenting cells of the endometrium in patients with deep infiltrating endometriosis
Keywords:external genital endometriosis, immunity, antigen-presenting cells
The aim of the study was to evaluate the functional state of antigen-presenting endometrial cells in patients with external genital endometriosis.
It is shown that in healthy women in the control group peritoneal fluid contains from 7 to 12 million white blood cells in 3–15 ml, represented mainly by macrophages (90%), lymphocytes (5–10%) and polymorphonuclear leukocytes (up to 5%), whereas in women with external genital endometriosis number of macrophages increased to 95% due to the relative impoverishment of the population of polymorphonuclear leukocytes. The total number of cells in the peritoneal fluid increased to 18–20 million in 1 ml. In patients with external endometriosis in the endometrium the activity of mature dendritic cells reduced (up to 5,2 ± 0,5 cells/mm2 CD23 in the functional layer and to 6,0 ± 0,5 cells/mm2 in the basal layer), and increased activity of immature dendritic cells in the basal layer (CD1a to 34,2 ± 1,2 cells/mm2).
- Schulke, L., Berbic, M., Manconi, F., et al. “Dendritic cell populations in the eutopic and ectopic endometrium of women with endometriosis.” Hum Reprod, 24(7) (2009): 1695-1703.
- N ouri, K., Ott, J., Krupitz, B., Huber, J.C., Wenzl, R. “Family incidence of endometriosis in first-, second-, and third-degree relatives: case-control study.” Reprod Biol Endocrinol, 8(2010): 85–91.
- T anmahasamut, P., Noothong, S., Sanga-Areekul, N., et al. “Prevalence of endometriosis in women undergoing surgery for benign gynecologic diseases.” J Med Assoc Thai, 97(2) (2014): 147-152.
- P encovich, N., Luk, J., Hantisteanu, S., et al. “The development of endometriosis in a murine model is dependent on the presence of dendritic cells.” Reprod Biomed Online, 28(4) (2014): 515-521.
- С.І. Георгієвського. — 2008. — Т. 144, Ч. ІІІ. — С. 219–221. Rozhkovska, N.M., Volіanska, A.G., Stepanovychus, O.M. “Infertility factors in the external genital endometriosis.” Proceedings of the Crimean State Medical University named after SI Georgievskiy, 144(III) (2008): 219-221.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Н. М. Рожковська, О. М. Степановичус
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.