Diagnosis and treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding
Keywords:abnormal uterine bleeding, tranexamic acid, Tranexam
Comparative characteristic of the Tranexam effi cacy in women with abnormal uterine bleedings (AUB) in the absence of anatomic pathology was studied.
The study included 60 women with AUB, which were divided into 3 groups: the fi rst group consisted of 20 women with heavy menstrual bleeding, the second group – 20 patients with AUB on the background of uterine leiomyoma, the third group – 20 women with AUB on the background of adenomyosis.
Tranexam 500 mg 3 times a day from the fi rst to the fi fth day of the menstrual cycle for three months was appointed for secondary prevention of AUB. Iron therapy performed in all groups during the study if hemoglobin levels were less than 110 g/l.
At 1 and 3 months of preventive treatment monitoring was done.During the studies it was proved the Tranexam eff ectiveness in the treatment as well as in the prevention of AUB in patients with heavy menstrual bleeding, uterine leiomyoma and adenomyosis. Hemostatic eff ect of the Tranexam is most pronounced realized in patients with uterine leiomyoma. Side eff ects were not registered
- Tatarchuk T.F., Kosei N.V., Tutchenko T.N. «Current diagnosis and treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding.» Reproductive Endocrinology, № 1(2012):74-78.
- Timerbayev V.H., Valetova V.V. «The role of antifibrinolytics (Tranexam) in modern emergency medicine.» Ambulance, 2(2013):51-61.
- STADA «Tranexam is a new technology saves of blood in surgery.», p. 1-20.
- Rukhlyada N.N., Pakhomov A.A., Bren A.K., Gasymova D.M., Melnikova M.A. «Experience of use and comparative characteristics buserelin depot and Tranexam in reducing the volume of menstrual blood loss in patients with adenomyosis.» Problems of Reproduction, 5(2011):50-53.
- Aamir T. Khan, Manjeet Shehmar, Janesh K. Gupta «Uterine fibroids: current perspectives.», International Journal of Women’s Health, 6(2014):95-114.
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding in Pre-Menopausal Women Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada Volume 35, Number 5 • volume 35, num?ro 5 May • mai 2013 1-32 http://sogc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/gui292CPG1305E.pdf.
- Alshryda S., Sarda P., Sukeik M., Nargol A., Blenkinsopp J., Mason J.M. «Tranexamic acid in total knee replacement: a systematic review and metaanalysis.» J Bone Joint Surg Br, 93(2011):1577-85.
- Practice Bulletin No. 128 «Diagnosis of abnormal uterine bleeding in reproductiveaged women.» American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Obstet Gynecol, 120(2012):197-206.
- Fraser I.S., Critchley H.O., Broder M., Munro M.G. «The FIGO recommendations on terminologies and definitions for normal and abnormal uterine bleeding.» Semin Reprod Med., 29(2011):383-90.
- Fraser I.S., Langham S., Uhl-Hochgraeber K. «Health-related quality of life and economic burden of abnormal uterine bleeding.» Expert Rev Obstet Gynecol., 4(2) (2009):179-189.
- Kadir R.A., Economides D.L., Sabin C.A., Owens D., Lee C.A. «Frequency of inherited bleeding disorders in women with menorrhagia.» Lancet, 351(1998):485-9.
- Lethaby A., Farquhar C., Cooke I. «Antifibrinolytics for heavy menstrual bleeding.» Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2000, Issue 4. Art. No.: CD000249. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD000249.
- Lukes A.S., Moore K.A., Muse K.N., Gersten J.K., Hecht B.R., Edlund M. et al. «Tranexamic acid treatment for heavy menstrual bleeding: a randomized controlled trial.» Obstet Gynecol, 116(2010):865-75.
- Malcolm G. «Munro Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.» Cambridge University Press (2010):978-0-521-72183-7.
- Management of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding in Premenopausal Women Am Fam Physician. Jan 1;85(1) (2012):35-43.
- Committee Opinion No. 557 «Management of acute abnormal uterine bleeding in nonpregnant reproductiveaged women.» American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Obstet Gynecol, 121(2013):891-6.
- Mary Gayle Sweet, Tarin A. Schmidt-Dalton, Patrice M. Weiss, Virginia Keith. «Madsen Evaluation and Management of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding in Premenopausal Women American Family Physician January 1, 2012 Volume 85, Number 1; 85(1):35-43.
- Munro M.G., Critchley H.O., Broder M.S., Fraser I.S. «FIGO classification system (PALM-COEIN) for causes of abnormal uterine bleeding in nongravid women of reproductive age.» FIGO Working Group on Menstrual Disorders. Int J Gynaecol Obstet, 113(2011):3-13.
- Henri Leminen, Ritva Hurskainen «Tranexamic acid for the treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding: efficacy and safety.» International Journal of Women’s Health, 4(2012):413-421.
- Stacy R. Ammerman, D.O.; Anita L. Nelson, M.D. «A new progestogen-only medical therapy for outpatient management of acute, abnormal uterine bleeding: a pilot study American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology JUNE 2013 499.e1-499.e5.
- Von Willebrand desease in women American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee opinion № 580 Desember; 122(2013):1368-73.
- Burlev V.A., Konovodova E.N. «Modern possibilities of pathogenetic treatment of iron defi ciency anemia in patients with Uterine myoma.» Reproduction Problems, 5(2003):23-27.
- Davydov A.I. «Rehabilitation treatment after organ-serving surgery in patients with submucosal uterine leiomyoma and adenomyosis.» Gynecology, Obstetrics and Perinatology Issues, 6 (2011): 13-21.
- Bolevich S.B., Menshova N.I. «Free radical processes in patients with iron defi ciency anemia during treatment with iron.» Therapeutic Archives, 78 (1) (2006):52-57.
- Konovodova E.N., Dokuyeva RS.-E.,Yakunina N.A. «Iron defi ciency in obstetric practice.» RMJ, 20 (2011) 1228-1231. 26, 13, 27, 21.
- Tikhomirov A.L., Sarsaniya S.I., Nochevkin E.V. «Iron defi ciency in obstetrics and gynecology. Facets of the problem.» Moderntreatment. Farmateka. http://www.rmj.ru/articles_7485.htm.
- Yaglov V.V. «Iron defi ciency in patients with uterine bleeding.»
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding and Uterine Fibroids: Medical Policy (Eff ective 10/01/2012) United Healthcare Policy Number: 2012T0442H.
- Horne M.C. «Consultative Hemostasis and Thrombosis.» Philadelphia, 15 (2002): 31-28.
- Johnson-Wimbley T.D., Graham D.Y. «Diagnosis and management of iron defi ciency anemia in the 21st century.» Therap. Adv. Gastroenterol, 4 (3) (2011):177-84.
- Iron defi ciency anemia assessment, prevention and control. A guid for programme managers – Geneva: World Health Organization, 2001 (WHO/ NHD/01.3).
- Nirmala Jaget Lakkawar, Santoshi Sankaran, Thirupurasundari Rangaswamy «Effi cacy of Intravenous Administration of Iron Sucrose for Treatment of Iron Defi ciency Anaemia in Patients With Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.» Scientifi c Journal of the Faculty of Medicine in Niš, 29(2) (2012):59-68.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Т. Ф Татарчук, Н. В. Косей, Н. А. Редько, В. А. Джупин
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.