Liver function and reproductive health. What is gynecologist need to know?
Keywords:liver, essential phospholipids, hepatoprotectors, reproductive sphere, artichoke
Based on an analysis of recent data there is evident of need for essential phospholipids use as an add-back therapy at hyperestrogen states, when the process of estrogen disposing are disrupted; at functional hyperandrogenism and in combination with polycystic ovary syndrome; while taking combined oral contraceptives, progestins and at other genital and extragenital pathology in women of different age groups. It is necessary to choose a drug with the least impact on the liver tissue against the background of extragenital diseases.
This incorporation of hepatotropic preparations in general medical complexes in patients with dysfunction of the reproductive system will minimize the development of possible side effects of the therapy, and also improve the functional state of the liver, and thus directly affect the metabolism of sex steroid hormones
- Kantemirova, Z.R., Torchinov, A.M., Zhigulina, T.A., Kadohova, V.V., Alekseeva, E.A., Devyatych, E.A., Petuchov, V.A. “Steroid hormones, uterine fibroids and abnormal liver function: pathogenesis and perspectives of treatment.” The Attending Physician, 3(2010).
- Shulutko, B.I. Liver and kidneys diseases. SPb.: Publishing St. Petersburg Sanitary and Hygiene Medical Institute (1993): 480 p.
- Gubergrits, N.B. “Intrahepatic cholestasis. Etiology, pathogenesis, clinics, diagnostics and treatment.” Morden gastroenterology, 2(12) (2003): 12-18.
- Kukes, V.G. Clinical pharmacology. M.: GEOTAR Medicine (1999): 528 p.
- Podymova, S.D. Liver diseases. M.: Medicine (1993): 544 p.
- Bacq, Y. “Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy.” Clin. Liver Dis, 4(2000): 1-13.
- Tatarchuk, T.F., Solskiy, J.P. Endocrine gynecology (clinical essays). Part I. K. (2003): 299 p.
- Vihlyaeva, E.M. Guidance on Endocrine Gynecology. M.: MIA (2002): 768 p.
- Puoti,C., Magrini, A. Eur. J. Gastroenterol. Gepatol, 3(2001): 134-145.
- Kettyle, W.M., Arky, R.A. Endocrine Pathophysiology (2000): 336 p.
- Tolp, N., Goerdon, G. J. Hepatol, 3(2004): 201-210.
- Ivashkin, V.T. Diseases of the liver and biliary tract: A Guide for Physicians. M.: Publisher house “M-News“ (2005): 536 p.
- Tatarchuk, T.F., Shevchuk, T.V. “Functional disorders of the liver in the gynecologist practice.“ Women’s Health, 3(27) (2006): 250-260.
- Yakovenko, E.P., Grigoriev, P.Y. “Chronic liver disease: diagnostics and treatment of breast cancer.“ Russian Medical Journal, 11(5) (2003): 291-296.
- Hossain, N., et al. “Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) in patients with polycysticovariansyndrome (PCO S).“ Scand J Gastroenterol, 46(4) (2011):479. Apr.
- Karoli, R., et al. “Prevalence of hepatic steatosis in women with polycystic ovary syndrome.“J Hum Reprod Sci, 6(1) (2013): 9-14. Jan.
- Primak, A.V. “Estrogen metabolism in women (general concepts and clinical practice).“ Aesthetic Medicine, 5(2) (2006): 208-214.
- Lefkowich, J.Н. “Нepatobiliary pathology.“ Curr. Оpin. Gastroenterol, 19(2003): 185-193
- Karachentsev, A.N. “Hepatobiliary system as a target adverse effects of medicinal estrogen and progestogen.“ Russian Gazette for Obstetrician-Gynecologist, 6(2004): 20-25.
- Caro, A.A., Cederbaum, A.I. “Oxidative stress, toxicology, and pharmacology of CYP2E1.“ Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol, 44(2004):27-42.
- Karoli, R., et al. “Prevalence of hepatic steatosis in women with polycystic ovary syndrome.“ J Hum Reprod Sci, 6(1) (2013): 9-14. Jan.
- Abittan, Ch., Lieber, C.S. “Alcohol liver disease.“ Clin Perspect Gastroenterol (2011):257-63. Sept-Oct.
- Litovitz, T.L., Klein-Schwartz, W., Caravati, E.M., et al. “1998 annual report of the American Association of Poison Control Centers Toxic Exposure Surveillance System.“ Am J Emerg Med, 17(2009):435-87.
- Bird, G.L.A., Panos, M.Z., Poison, R., et al. “Activity of polyunsaturated phosphatidylcholine in HbsAg negative chronic active hepatitis and active alcoholic hepatitis.“ Z Gastroent, 29(suppl. 2) (2010):21-24.
- Shulpekova, J.O. “Herbal drugs in the treatment of liver diseases.“ Russian Medical Journal, 14(4) (2006): 337-340.
- Grishchenko, O.V., Bobritskaya, V.V., Demchenko, O.B., Korovay, S.M. “Artichoke extract as an alternative metabolic therapy during pregnancy.” “Health of Ukraine”, 4(2008): 67-68.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 В. С. Березенко, Т. Ф. Татарчук, А. О. Исламова, Э. Ф. Чайковская, Т. В. Шевчук
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.