Creating a culture of family planning in youth and adolescents
Keywords:combined oral contraceptives, hyperestrogeniya, dysmenorrhea, menorrhagia, Zhastinda®, anti-androgenic effect
Education of young women and girl-teenagers the methods of family planning with convenient, obtainable and safe contraceptive methods is a key strategy of improving maternal and infant loss. Using of combined oral contraceptives (COCs) in Ukraine among teenagers is limited by the cost of drugs. One of ways to solve the problem of availability of COCs with contraceptive purpose, as well as dysmenorrhea, hypermenorrhea to girls is to use a generic drug Zhastinda®, containing dienogest 2,0 mg and ethinylestradiol 0,03 mg.
- Uvarova E.V. «Reproductive health of girls in Russia at the beginning of the XXI century.» Obstetrics and Gynecology, (2006):27-29.
- Buralkinа N.A., Uvarova, E.V. «Modern views on the reproductive health of girls (literature review) // Reproductive health of children and adolescents.», 2(2010):12-31.
- Zhylka N.Y., Shkiriak-Nyzhnyk Z.A. «Health status of children in Ukraine and basic medical and social factors that impact of its formation // Scientific-works «Actual problems of obstetrics and gynecology, clinical immunology and medical genetics.» Issue 18, Kyiv, Luhansk, (2013):116-122.
- Tatarchuk T.F. et al. «Reproductive health of girls and teenage girls in Ukraine .» Women Health, 7(2011):152–157.
- Greydanus D.E., McAnarney E.R. «Contraception in the adolescent: Current concepts for the pediatrician.» Pediatrics, 65:1-12.
- Martinez G., Copen C.E., Abma J.C. «Teenagers in the United States: sexual activity, contraceptive use, and childbearing, 2006–2010 national survey of family growth.» Vital Health Stat, 23(2011):1.
- WHO: Preventing early pregnancy and poor reproductive outcomes among adolescents in developing countries: what the evidence says. Geneva: WHO (2012).
- Patton G.C., Coffey C., Sawyer S.M., Viner R., Haller D.M., Bose K., Vas T., Ferguson J., Mathers C.D. «Global patterns of mortality in young people.» A systematic analysis of population data. Lancet, 374(2009):881-892.
- Kirby D.B., Laris B.A., Rolleri L.A. «Sex and HIV education programs: their impact on sexual behaviors of young people throughout the world.» J Adolesc Health, 40(2007):206-217.
- Kirby D., Barth R.P., Leland N., Fetro J.V. «Reducing the risk: impact of a new curriculum on sexual risk-taking.» Fam Plann Perspect, 23(1991):253-263.
- Warner L., Hatcher R.A., Steiner M.J. «Male condoms. In: Hatcher R.A., Trussell, J., Stewart, F. et al, eds. Contraceptive Technology. 18th Revised ed. New York, NY.» Ardent Media Inc, (2004):331.
- Haignere C.S., Gold R., Maskovsky J., Ambrosini J., Rogers C.L., Gollub E. «High-risk adolescents and female condoms: knowledge, attitudes, and use patterns.» J Adolesc Health, 26(2000):392-398.
- Sucato G.S., Gold M.A. «Extended cycling of oral contraceptive pills for adolescents.» J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol, 15(2002):325-327.
- Parasca V., Staris T. «A two period cross-over, controlled, randomized, single dose, bioequivalence study of dienogest + ethinylestradiol tablets, test formulation.» Leon Farma – Spain; Jenapharm – Germany; Study Code: DIE-BESD-02-LIC/05; 2006.
- Chandra A., Billioux V.G., Copen C.E., Sionean C. «HIV Risk-Related Behaviors in the United States Household Population Aged 15–44.» Data from the National Survey of Family Growth, 2002 and 2006–2010.
- Cromer B.A., Blair J.M., Mahan J.D., Zibners L., Naumovski Z. «A prospective comparison of bone density in adolescent girls receiving depot medroxyprogesterone acetate (Depo-Provera), levonorgestrel (Norplant), or oral contraceptives.» J Pediatr, 129(1996):671–676.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2014 Т. Ф Татарчук, Н. К. Силина, З. А. Шкиряк-Нижник, Т. Н. Силина, Н. В. Яроцкая
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.