Sagenit efficiency in the treatment of vulvovaginal symptoms of aging
Keywords:menopause, vulvovaginal atrophy, SERM effect, Sagenit
It was performed the investigation of the vaginal rehabilitation efficiency with the application of Sagenit and Gexicon in menopausal women with the symptoms of vulvovaginal atrophy. Clinical symptoms of the surveyed ladies were due to vaginal wall impaired blood supply and associated inflammation. It was reduced the index of vaginal health. Combined administration of Sagenit and Gexicon has led to the significant clinical dynamics of treatment according to the index of vaginal health that was characterized the improvement of colpotrophic processes and vaginal microecology. It was not registered endometrial growth by ultrasonography during the usage of Sagenit that has confirmed SERM effect. The proposed method of the vaginal rehabilitation is safe and highly effective in the aged group of patients. It allows counting on its widespread adoption in the management of women with the intermediate menopausal disorders.
- Bachmann G, Lobo RA, Gut R et al. Efficacy of low-dose estradiol vaginal tablets in the treatment of atrophic vaginitis: a randomized controlled trial // Obstet Gynecol. – 2008. – Vol. 111, No 1. – P.67-76.
- Chollet AJ Update on alternative therapies for vulvovaginal atrophy // Patient Prefer Adherence. – 2011. – Vol. 5. – P. 533-536.
- Cleve A, Fritzemeier KH, Haendler B et al. Pharmacology and clinical use of sex steroid hormone receptor modulators // Handb Exp Pharmacol. – 2012. – Vol. 214. – P. 543-587.
- Cuzick J, Sestak I, Bonanni B et al. Selective oestrogen receptor modulators in prevention of breast cancer: an updated meta-analysis of individual participant data // Lancet. – 2013. – Vol. 381. – P. 1827-1834.
- Mac Bride BM, Rhodes JD, Shuster TL Vulvovaginal Atrophy // Mayo Clin Proc. – 2010. – Vol. 85, No 1. – P. 87-94.
- Simon JA Vulvovaginal atrophy: new and upcoming approaches [editorial] // Menopause. – 2009. – Vol. 16, No 1. – P. 5-7.
- Wend K, Wend P, Krum SA Tissue-Specific Effects of Loss of Estrogen during Menopause and Aging // Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). – 2012. – Vol. 3. – P. 19-25.
- Neumark AI, Shelkovnikova NV The efficacy of the Sagenit in the treatment of women with urogenital disorders during the peri- and postmenopausal // Women’s Health. – 2013. – № 3 (79). – P. 160-163.
- Smetnik VP Sagenit efficiency at menopause syndrome // Obstetrics and Gynecology. – 2010. – № 4. – P. 94-96.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2014 О. В. Грищенко, И. В. Лахно
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.