Cervical pathology: scope of gynecologist competence
Keywords:cervix, cervical cancer, human papillomavirus, cervical screening
Cervical cancer in Ukraine is the leading cause of death among women of reproductive age. Every day in our country one in six women dies from cervical cancer.
Therefore, obstetrician-gynecologist and family doctor have the task of organizing the prevention of invasive cervical cancer. Screening signifi cantly reduces the timely cases and deaths from cervical cancer. Human papillomavirus (HPV) is the main cause of cervical cancer. At present, vaccination against HPV is considered to be a breakthrough in cervical cancer prevention in the XXI century.
- Vorobyova LI Cervical cancer: ways to improve the diagnosis and treatment // Health of Ukraine. – 2009. – № 1/1. – P. 15.
- Zakhartseva LM, Pekur EA Frequency of p16INK4a protein expression and the presence of HPV in cervical dysplasia // Oncology. – Vol. 51, № 1. – 2013. – P. 9-13.
- Tatarchuk TF, Tutchenko TN Cervical pathology: goals for gynecologist // Reproductive Endocrinology. – 2013. – № 1 (9). – P. 39.
- American Cancer Society Guideline for HPV VacЦИНe Use to Prevent Cervical Cancer and Its Precursors.CA Cancer J Clin 2007;57:7–28.
- ASC-US-LSIL Triage Study (ALTS) Group. A random- ized trial on the management of low-grade squamous intra- epithelial lesion cytology interpretations. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2003;188:1393Y400.
- Bornstein J, Bentley J, Bosze P, Girardi F, Haefner H, Menton M, Perrotta M, Prendiville W, Russell P, Sideri M, Strander B, Torne A, Walker P 2011 IFCPC colposcopic nomenclature.
- Diane Cooper, Margaret Hoff man, Henri Carrara Determinants of sexual activity and its relation to cervical cancer risk among South African Women.
- Katki HA, Schiff man M, Castle PE, Fetterman B, Poitras NE, Lorey T et al. Five-Year Risk of ЦИН 3+ and Cervical Cancer Among Women With HPV Testing of ASC-US Pap Results. J Low Genit Tract Dis 2013;17:S36YS42.
- Katki HA, Gage JC, Schiff man M, Castle PE, Fetterman B, Poitras NE et al. Follow-up Testing After Col- poscopy: Five-Year Risk of ЦИН 2+ After a Colposcopic Diagnosis of ЦИН 1 or Less. J Low Genit Tract Dis 2013;5:S69YS77.
- Moberg M, Gustavsson I High viral loads of human papillomavirus predict risk of invasive cervical carЦИНoma. British Journal of Cancer 2005, March 14; 92(5) 891-894.
- Moody CA, Laimins LA Human papillomavirus oncoproteins: pathways to transformation. Nat Rev Cancer. 2010 Aug;10 (8):550-60. Epub 2010 Jul 1.
- Moscicki AB, Shiboski S, Hills NK et al. Regression of low-grade squamous intra-epithelial lesions in young women. Lancet 2004;364:1678–1683.
- Rodrigues AC et al. JNCI 2009;101:721- . Chen HC et al. JNCI2011;103:1387-96.
- Sawaya GF et al.Acta Cytol 2005; 49: 391-7.
- Saslow D, Solomon D, Lawson HW, Killackey M, Kulasingam SL, Cain J, Garcia FA, Moriarty AT, Waxman AG, Wilbur DC, Wentzensen N, Downs LS Jr, Spitzer M, Moscicki AB, Franco EL, Stoler MH, Schiff man M, Castle PE Myers ER, ACS-ASCCP-ASCP Cervical Cancer Guidelines Committee. American Cancer Society, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, and American Society for Clinical Pathology screening guidelines for the prevention and early detection of cervical cancer. CA Cancer J Clin. 2012 May;62(3):147-72.
- Wael I Al-Daraji, John HF Smith Infection and Cervical Neoplasia: Facts and Fiction. Int. Journal of clinical and experimental pathology. 2009.- №2(1).- C.48-64.
- Zereu M, Zettler CG, Cambruzzi E, Zelmanowicz A Herpes simplex virus type 2 and Chlamydia trachomatis in adenocarЦИНoma of the uterine cervix. Gynecol Oncol. 2007 Apr;105(1):172-5.
- Keith Wing-Kit Lo, Sze-Wan Yeung,Tak-Hong Cheung et al.Quantitative analysis of human papillomavirus type 16 in cervical neoplasm: A study in Chinese population. Journal of Clinical Virology 34 (2005) 76–80.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2014 В. М. Запорожан, Т. Ф. Татарчук, В. Г. Дубинина, Н. А. Володько, Н. К. Силина
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.