Menopause: a new look at an old problem
Keywords:hormone replacement therapy, recommendations, International Menopause Society
AbstractThe article presents the basic principles of the International Menopausal Society Guidelines on the hormone replacement therapy (2011), and describes the main benefits and risks of hormone replacement therapy.Safety of hormone replacement therapy largely depends on age. Healthy women younger than 60 years should not be overly concerned about the safety of hormone replacement therapy. If hormone replacement therapy is initiated within a few years after menopause, the potential beneficial effects of it are numerous and risks are minor in most cases.Women can use hormone replacement therapy as long as it has a beneficial effect on the symptoms and the patient aware of the possible risks.
- Tatarchuk TF, Efimenko OA Modern view at hormone therapy // Reproductive Endocrinology. – 2012. – № 2 (4). – P. 34-39.
- Lokshin V, Petrenko A, Aref’eva NE The impact of the reproductive system on the quality of women life // Russian Journal of the Obstetrician-Gynecologist. – 2005. – T. 5, № 1. – P. 52-55.
- Tatarchuk TF, Efimenko OA Diagnostics, prevention and treatment principles of menopausal disorders // Journal of Ukrainian Medical Elite. – № 4 (10). – 2009. – P. 24-29.
- Smetnik VP Medical menopause. – M., 2006. – 848 p.
- Scheider HPG, Heinemann LAJ, Rosemeir HP et al. The menopause rating scale (MRS): reliability of scores of menopausal compleants // Climacteric. – 2000. – Vol. 3. – P. 59-64.
- Tatarchuk TF, Cossey NV, Samosiyna OA , Zdanowicz IE Hormonal therapy in the treatment of severe climacteric syndrome in women with uterine leiomyomas // Women Health. – № 6 (52). – 2010. – P. 118-121.
- Update IMS recommendations on postmenopausal hormone therapy and preventive strategies for medlife health. International menopause society. – 2011. – 25 p.
- Lole Di Francesc Menopause State of the art. – 2011. – 540 p.
- Lobo RA Metabolic syndrome after menopause and the role of hormones. 60 (1): 10-8, 2008.
- Mendelsohn ME, Karas RH Science 308, 1583 (2005).
- Rossouw JE Cardiovascular Research 53 (2002): 550-557.
- Margolis K et al. Diabetologia 2004; 47: 1175-87.
- Bonds DE et al. Diabetologia 2006; 49: 459-468.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2014 Т. Ф Татарчук, О. А. Ефименко, А. О. Исламова
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.