Prevention of inflammatory complications at the postembolization period in women with uterine leiomyomas
Keywords:uterine artery embolization, uterine leiomyoma, ornidazole
Modern views on the pathogenesis of uterine fibroids account for the role of chronic inflammation in tumor growth that makes relevant the question of the drugs choice for prophylactic antibiotic therapy after organ-saving operations. The study to optimize management of the postoperative period after uterine artery embolization was performed. The study involved 63 women aged 24 to 38 years who underwent uterine artery embolization for node uterine fibroids. Women were randomly divided into 2 groups: the main group consisted of 30 women who intake ornidazole, ciprofloxacin, fluconazole and analgesic therapy; control group consisted of 33 patients who received metronidazole, ciprofloxacin, fluconazole and analgesic therapy. This study demonstrated a high efficiency sof supplement а combination antibiotic therapy by ornidazole to optimize management of the postembolization period and contributes to the restoration of female reproductive function.
- Buyanova, S.M. Mgeliashvili, M.V. Petrakova, S.O. «Contemporary understanding of the etiology, pathogenesis and morphogenesis of uterine fibroids.» Russian Obstetrician Gazette,6(2008):45-51.
- Koptyuh, V.I. Behosh, B.M. Shadrinа, V.S. «Use of antibiotics in the treatment of postoperative complications.» Actual problems of obstetrics and gynecology,1(2012):42-44.
- Kulakov, V.I. Gurtovoiy, B.L. Ancyrskaya, A.S. Antonov, A.G. «Actual problems of antimicrobial therapy and prevention of infections in obstetrics, gynecology and neonatology.» Obstetrics and Gynecology,1(2004):3-6.
- Nichitaylo, M.E. Bulik, L.M. «Ornigil use in perioperative prophylaxis and therapy of infectious complications after abdominal surgery.» Clinical surgery,4(2012):65-67.
- Nikitina, I.N. Markevich, V.V. «Evaluation of the ornihil efficacy in preventing septic complications after cesarean section.» Taurian Medical and Biology Herald,14(3),Part2(55)(2011):142-144.
- Rahmatulina, M.R. «Therapy of urogenital associated infections.» Herald of the venereologist dermatologist,4(2012):112-117.
- Shcherbina, N.A. Kuzmina, I.Y. Plakhotnaya, I.Y. Kartashova, M.A. «Current approaches to therapy for uterine bleeding on the endometrial hyperplasia background in perimenopausal period.» Collection of scientific works of the Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Ukraine,K.(2013):417-421.
- Tarabrina, O.P. Potaturkinа, N.Y. «Association of uterine fibroids with infection Ureaplasma,» Kazan Medical Journal,90(3)(2009):15.
- Tatarchuk, T.F. Cossey, N.V. Kondratuk, V.A. Altman, I.V. «Endovascular bilateral uterine artery embolization in conserving therapy of uterine leiomyoma.» Reproductive Endocrinology.1(2011):10-16.
- Lutsenko, N.S. Oleinik, N.S. Rudenko, D.Y. et al. «Uterine artery embolization: new technologies in the treatment of uterine fibroids.» Tauride Medicine-Biological Herald,16(2)Part1(62)(2012):134-136.
- De Blok, S. De Vries, C. Prinssen, H. M. et al. «Fatal sepsis after uterine fibroid embolization with microspheres.» J Vasc Interv Radiol,14(2003):779-783.
- Edwards, R.D. Moss, J.G. Lumsden, M.A. et al. «Uterine-artery embolization versus surgery for symptomatic uterine fibroids.» N Engl J Med,25(356) (4)(2007):360-370.
- Kooij, S.M. Hehenkamp, W.J.K. Volkers, N.A. et al. «Uterine artery embolization vs hysterectomy in the treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids: 5-year outcome from the randomized EMMY trial.» Am J Obstet Gynecol,203(105)(2010):1-13.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2014 Л. В. Калугіна, Т. Ф Татарчук, Н. В. Косей, Л. А. Васильченко
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.