Preserving reproductive health before the first pregnancy
Keywords:reproductive health, adolescent girls, inflammatory diseases of the genital organs, decamethoxine
Research objective: to evaluate the effectiveness of drugs based on decamethoxine for the treatment of inflammatory diseases of genital organs in adolescent girls entering reproductive age.
Materials and methods. The study included 96 patients aged 17–19 years who lived an irregular sexual life. The diagnosis of vulvovaginal infection was verified based on clinical and laboratory data. All patients with vulvovaginal infection received Decasan solution 50–100 ml three times a day in the form of irrigation of the external genitalia for the daytime sanitation and Gynodek vaginal gel 5 ml once at night for 7 days, which provided a night exposure of the antiseptic component and created an environment for the restoration of vaginal lactoflora. The effectiveness of treatment was assessed by the results of clinical and bacteriological examination before and after treatment. The criteria for the effectiveness of treatment were complete clinical and bacterial sanitation.
Results. According to the results of the microbiological study, all patients were divided into 3 groups: group I consisted of 36 patients with nonspecific vulvovaginitis, group II – 28 adolescent girls with vulvovaginal candidiasis, group III – 32 patients with mixed bacterial-candidiasis infection.
The clinical efficacy of therapy was 95.8%: in group I – 94.4%, in group II – 96.4%, in group III – 96.9%. Bacteriological examination, carried out 2 weeks after the end of the course of treatment, confirmed the effectiveness of therapy in 94.4% of adolescent girls with nonspecific vulvovaginitis, in 89.3% with vulvovaginal candidiasis and in 87.5% with mixed bacterial-candidiasis infection.
Conclusions. Topical treatment of inflammatory genital diseases in adolescent girls entering reproductive age is effective, safe and can be considered the therapy of choice. Therapy with drugs based on decamethoxine (Decasan and Gynodek) is highly effective in mono- and mixed vulvovaginal infections, which contributes to the preservation of the reproductive health of adolescent girls at the stage of entering reproductive age.
- Tatarchuk, T.F., Shkiryak-Nyzhnyk, Z.A., Silina, N.K., Kalugina, L.V. “Topical issues of health of adolescent girls in Ukraine.” Collection of scientific works of obstetricians and gynecologists 1–2 (2014): 297–300.
- Bruno, V.V. “Risky sexual behavior of modern adolescents in Russia. Part II.” Sociological science and social practice 7.1 (2019): 113–26. DOI: 10.19181/snsp.2019.7.1.6273
- Veropotvelyan, P.N. “Reproductive health of women – one of the most important problems of the state.” Medical aspects of women’s health 3 (2017): 34–46.
- Vovk, I.B., Kondratyuk, V.K., Peterburzka, V.F. “Violation of sexual development in girls.” Health of Ukraine 1.21 (2016): 51–3.
- Hnatko, E.P., Mykhaylyuta, M.A., Chubatyy, A.Y. “Problems of gynecological pathology of adolescents.” Medical aspects of women’s health 3 (2015): 24–5.
- Davydova, Y.V., Lymanska, A.Y. “Pre-pregnancy training: improving the prognosis of pregnancy.” Health of Ukraine. Thematic issue “Obstetrics, Gynecology, Reproductology” 3 (2021): 22–3.
- Denysov, M.S., Herasymova, L.Y., Aleksandrov, A.Y., et al. “Medico-social aspects of the formation of reproductive health of girls.” Health of Chuvashia 1 (2016): 79–87.
- Duyanova, O.P., Palchyk, E.A., Kameneva, Y.Y. Gynecological morbidity in adolescent children. Collection of articles of the international scientific-practical conference. Moscow. LLC “European Fund for Innovative Development” (2020).
- Zahoruyko, N.V., Yashchuk, L.B. “Estimation of reproductive health among different age groups of the population of Cherkasy region.” Ukrainian Journal of Medicine, Biology and Sports 1.1 (2016): 152–7.
- Ioffe, E.V. “The role of factors of sexual socialization in the formation of sexual scenarios of adolescents.” Clinical and medical psychology: research, training, practice: electron scientific magazine 1.11 (2016). Available from: [http://medpsy.ru/climp/2016_1_11/article14.php].
- Kovalyshyn, O.A. “Reproductive health of women who had menstrual disorders during puberty.” Women’s Health 4.150 (2020): 73–9. DOI: 10.15574/HW.2020.150.73
- Nakonechna, M.V., Petrenko, N.V. “Peculiarities of teenage pregnancy in Kropyvnytskyi and Kirovohrad region.” Nursing 4 (2018): 23–5.
- Shevlіukova, T.P., Chabanova, N.B., Hіlііeva, H.D., Boіechko, D.І. “Features of the course of gestation and childbirth in adolescence.” Current scientific research in the modern world 6.2 (2017): 110–3.
- Pyrohova, V.I., Tsolko, O.R. “Study of socio-medical aspects of reproductive health of adolescents.” Reproductive health of women 2.42 (2020): 40–4. DOI: 10.30841/2708-8731.2.2020.210960
- Balakireva, O., Bondar, T., Sazonova, Y., Sakovych, O. “Adolescents at risk: updated assessments – 2018.” United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Ukraine, NGO “Ukrainian Institute of Social Research named after Oleksandr Yaremenko” (2018). Available from: [https://www.unicef.org/ukraine/media/581/file/risk_teens_HIV.pdf].
- Abilkhas, A.A., Apen, N.M., Shamsutdinova, A.G., Zhunisbekova, Z.A. “Problems of reproductive health among youth and adolescents.” Int J Applied Fundamental Research 8.4 (2016): 519–21.
- Shevliukova, T.P., Folts, N.V., Khasanova, V.V., Boechko, D.I. “Reproductive health in adolescence.” Smolensk Medical Almanac 4 (2017): 92–5.
- Rutynska, H.V., Astakhov, V.M., Nosenko, O.M. “The role of local immune factors in the development of vaginal dysbiosis in girls of prepubertal and pubertal age.” Reproductive endocrinology 2.22 (2015): 50–5.
- Slabkyi, H.O., Myroniuk, I.S., Kachur, O.Y. “Abortions, childbirth and sexually transmitted infections in girls and adolescent girls as a problem of the public health system.” Ukraine. The health of the nation 2.64 (2021): 29–34. DOI: 10.24144/2077-65184.108.40.2061.235359
- Shcherbynska, O.S. “Gynecological problems of childhood, as a problem of public health and family medicine.” Ukraine. The health of the nation 1.58 (2020): 57–61.
- Chaikivska, E.F. “Menarche, Puberty and Vitamin D.” Reproductive endocrinology 2.22 (2015): 47–9.
- Dianne, S.E., Marianne, E.F. “Adolescent pregnancy.” Pediatr Clin N Am 50 (2017): 781–800.
- Goldsammler, M., Merhi, Z., Buyuk, E. “Role of hormonal and inflammatory alterations in obesity-related reproductive dysfunction at the level of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis.” Reprod Biol Endocrinol 16.1 (2018): 45–6. DOI: 10.1186/s12958-018-0366-6
- Sumarah, S., Widyasih, H. “Effect of vaginal hygiene module to attitudes and behavior of pathological vaginal discharge prevention among female adolescents in Slemanregency, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.” J Fam Reprod Health 11.2 (2017): 104–9.
- Gutierrez-Medina, S., Gavela-Peres, T., Dominguez-Garrido, M.N., et al. “The influence of puberty on vitamin D status in obese children and the possible relation between vitamin D deficiency and insulin resistance.” J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 28.1.2 (2015): 105–10.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 О.В. Кравченко
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.