Mammalgia in oncomammology practice
Keywords:breast, mastalgia, fibrocystic breast disease, progesterone, Prozhestozhel
In recent decades it have seen a growth of benign breast disease, in particular fibrocystic breasts. Pain in breasts at mastopathia is the most important cause of women visits to the doctor. There are cyclic breast pain (2/3 cases) and non-cyclic (1/3 of cases). Cyclic breast pain (mastalgia) is the most common type of pain that is associated with the menstrual cycle. Noncyclic breast pain does not relate with the usual menstrual cycle. Breast status is evaluated using X-ray and ultrasound mammography. If deviations during a physical examination were found, diagnostics may also include a puncture and study of hormone levels. At examination the physician should rule out cancer and infection. Administration of progesterone topically as a gel helps compensate it deficit directly in the tissues of breast and leads to degradation of small cysts in case of fibrocystic breast disease.
- Dace Baltiņa. Pain in the breast.
- Wewers, M. E. Lowe, N. K. «Critical review of visual analogue scales in the measurement of clinical phenomena.» Published online: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/nur.4770130405/abstract?systemMessage=Wiley+Online+Library+will+be+disrupted+24+March+from+10-14+GMT+%2806-10+EDT%29+for+essential+maintenance.
- Gould, D. Kelly, D. Goldstone, L. Gammon, J. «Examining the validity of pressure ulcer risk assessment scales: developing and using illustrated patient simulations to collect the data INFORMATION POINT: Visual Analogue Scale.» Published online: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1365-2702.2001.00525.x/abstract.
- Grant, S. Aitchison, T. Henderson, E. Christie, J. Zare, S. McMurray, J. Dargie, H. «A Comparison of the Reproducibility and the Sensitivity to Change of Visual Analogue Scales, Borg Scales, and Likert Scales in Normal Subjects During Submaximal Exercise.» Published online: http://chestjournal.chestpubs.org/content/116/5/1208.abstract.
- Lipkevich, O. «Chest without problem!» Available online: http://www.likar.info/health/article-42641-grud-bez-problem.
- Radzykhovskaya, A.A. «All of the pain in the breast.» Available online: http://www.tiensmed.ru/news/oboli-v-mol-jelez1.html.
- Krasnozhon, D.А. «Pain in the breast». Available online: http://www.lood.ru/print_mammadiseases/
- Struchkov, B. Struchkov, Yu. «Pain in the breast, fever are the symptoms of mastitis serous phase». Available online: http://www.rostmaster.ru/lib/surg/surg-0029.shtml.
- Abdullaev, R.J. Golovko, T.S. Grabar, V.V. Belevtsov, Y.P. Lysenko, T.L. Dolenko, O.V. «Radiology diagnostics of benign diseases of the breast». Study guide. Kharkiv: New Word(2009):96 p.
- Golovko, T.S. Abdullaev, R.J. Sklar, S.Y. Krahmaleva, L.P. Krahmaleva, A.S. Sorokin, I.N. «Radiological diagnosis of neoplastic diseases of the breast». Study guide. Kharkiv: New Word(2009):112 p.
- Manikhas, A.G. Martynuk, V.V. Sobolev, A.A. Kruchkov, S.B. Frolkova, I.M. «Semiotics and problem diagnosis of breast fibroadenomatosis.» Outpatient Surgery. Hospital replacement technology,3(27)(2007):39-41.
- Vysotskaya, I.V. Letyagin, V.P. Kim, E.A. «Dishormonal mammary dysplasia.» Mammalogy,2(2006):9-12.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2014 Т. С. Головко
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.