Possibilities of non-hormonal therapy of uterine fibroids in women of reproductive age
The urgency of the problem of uterine fibroids is associated with a high frequency and a constant tendency to increase, rejuvenation of the pathology and adverse effects on the possibility of implementing reproductive function. The study was made of the efficacy of Epigalin in the treatment of uterine fibroids in women of reproductive age for influencing the clinical manifestations of the disease, the size of the nodes and the uterus, taking into account the immunohistochemical markers of the pathological process.
In the clinical study, 80 patients of reproductive age with uterine leiomyoma aged from 26 to 43 years were under observation. 43 women who formed the main group received a complex preparation of plant origin Epigalin containing 200 mg of indole-3-carbinol and 45 mg of epigallocatechin-3-gallate, 1 capsule twice a day for 3 months. The results were compared with the data of 37 patients with uterine leiomyoma receiving a single-component preparation containing indole-3-carbinol at a daily dose of 400 mg divided into two doses for 3 months
(comparison group). The effectiveness of treatment was assessed after three months for clinical manifestations, complaints and ultrasound data.
Immunohistochemical studies have shown that the lower the expression of TNF-α as a key mediator of the inflammatory response and immune response, which provides antitumor protection by regulating apoptosis, the greater the proliferative potential in uterine myoma cells. Therefore, the administration of drugs that regulate apoptosis, in particular epigallocatechin-3-gallate, is pathogenetically justified.Depending on the clinical and morphological picture of the disease, Epigalin can be used as an independent therapy, or in combination with other drugs, as well as adjuvant therapy after surgical treatment, since myomectomy does not eliminate the underlying cause of the disease. Using Epigalin for 2 capsules for 3 months in women with uterine leiomyoma allows to achieve subjective and objective improvement in 65.1% and 60.5% of patients. A good tolerance and safety of the drug allows you to assign it a long course.
Full Text:PDF (Українська)
Strizhakov, A.N., Davydov, A.I., Pashkov, V.M., Lebedev, V.A. Benign uterine diseases. Moscow. GEOTAR-Media (2011): 288 p.
Tikhomirov, A.L. “New possibilities of pathogenetic therapy of uterine fibroids.” Gynecology 15.3 (2013): 67–9.
Kornatska, A.G., Vovk, I.B., Chubei, G.V. “Reproductive health of women with uterine leiomyoma against the background of inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs.” Collection of scientific papers of the Association of obstetricians-gynecologists of Ukraine. Issue 2.38 (2016): 234–9.
Kulakova, V.I. “New approaches to the treatment of uterine fibroids. The expert’s opinion.” Problems of reproduction 2 (2014): 57–8.
Kiselev, V.I., Sidorova, I.S., Unanyan, A.L., Muizhnek, E.L. Hyperplastic processes of the organs of the female reproductive system: theory and practice. Moscow. Publishing house “MEDPRAKTIKA-M” (2010): 235 p.
Wang, J., Jiang, Y.F. “Natural compounds as anticancer agents: Experimental evidence.” World J Exp Med 2.3 (2012): 45–57.
Roshdy, E., Rajaratnam, V., Maitra, S., et al. “Treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids with green tea extract: a pilot randomized controlled clinical study.” International Journal of Women’s Health 5 (2013): 477–86.
Zhang, D., Rajaratnam, V., Al-Hendy, O., et al. “Green Tea Extract Inhibition of Human Leiomyoma Cell Proliferation Is Mediated via Catechol-O-Methyltransferase.” Gynecol Obstet Invest 78 (2014): 109–18.
GOST Style Citations
1. Стрижаков, А.Н., Давыдов, А.И., Пашков, В.М., Лебедев, В.А. Доброкачественные заболевания матки. – М: ГЭОТАР-Медиа, 2011. – 288 с.
2. Тихомиров, А.Л. Новые возможности патогенетической терапии миомы матки / А.Л. Тихомиров // Гинекология. – 2013. – Т. 15, № 3. – С. 67–69.
3. Корнацька, А.Г. Репродуктивне здоров’я жінок із лейоміомою матки на тлі запальних захворювань органів малого таза / А.Г. Корнацька, І.Б. Вовк, Г.В. Чубей // Збірник наукових праць Асоціації акушерів-гінекологів України. – 2016. – Випуск 2 (38). – С. 234–239.
4. Кулакова, В.И. Новые подходы к лечению миомы матки. Мнение эксперта / В.И. Кулакова / Проблемы репродукции. – 2014. – № 2. – С. 57–58.
5. Киселев, В.И., Сидорова, И.С., Унанян, А.Л., Муйжнек, Е.Л. Гиперпластические процессы органов женской репродуктивной системы: теория и практика. – М.: ИД «МЕДПРАКТИКА-М», 2010. – 235 с.
6. Wang, J., Jiang, Y.F. “Natural compounds as anticancer agents: Experimental evidence.” World J Exp Med 2.3 (2012): 45–57.
7. Roshdy, E., Rajaratnam, V., Maitra, S., et al. “Treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids with green tea extract: a pilot randomized controlled clinical study.” International Journal of Women’s Health 5 (2013): 477–86.
8. Zhang, D., Rajaratnam, V., Al-Hendy, O., et al. “Green Tea Extract Inhibition of Human Leiomyoma Cell Proliferation Is Mediated via Catechol-O-Methyltransferase.” Gynecol Obstet Invest 78 (2014): 109–18.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
ISSN 2411-1295 (Online), ISSN 2309-4117 (Print)