“Reproductive endocrinology” is the first specialized medical edition using “augmented reality” technology
Keywords:magazine “Reproductive Endocrinology”, Augmented Reality, AR-technologies, Accemedin AR, AppStore, Google Play, QR code
The rapid development of information technology has given impetus to the modernization of the educational system in general and in medicine in particular. The new millennium was marked by the emergence of programs that could algorithmize and systematize terabytes of information from various sources, adapt and translate arrays of information into simple, accessible visual objects. This is where the Augmented Reality (AR) technology is built. AR is a term designating all projects aimed at complementing reality with any virtual elements.
Printed publications are a separate direction for using augmented reality. In the press, this technology has found its place in presenting relevant news, reporting, interviews, advertising, etc. However, today no medical journal in the world uses the augmented reality. And only the publication P.L. Shupik NMAPE and NAMS of Ukraine, in particular the journal “Reproductive Endocrinology”, for the FIRST time begin the program of application of AR for their printed materials.
In the magazine “Reproductive Endocrinology” the doctor will be able to not only read about pathologists and see a normal photo, but also reproduce the video of the process of diagnosis or treatment, and consider the image in three-dimensional 3D form. Thanks to AR-technology, separate articles of the magazine with a special note will allow to expand the reader's possibilities in obtaining and perceiving information.
AR technology works on a very simple algorithm:
1. To get started, you need to download the Accemedin AR program to your smartphone. You can find it yourself on the AppStore sites for iOS and Google Play for Android, or scan the QR code and follow the link.
2. Before starting the program, you need to make sure that the camera is working on the smartphone.
3. After launching the program, point the camera at the object with a special note and view the information in augmented reality.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 В. І. Цимбалюк, Т. Ф Татарчук
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.