The new view on treatment of the infections of urogenital system of pregnant women with diabetes
Keywords:pregnancy, diabetes mellitus, uncomplicated infections, urogenital system, phytodrugs, Aflazin
The article discusses the application and effectiveness of drug Aflazin® manufactured by Valartin Pharma Ltd. as an antimicrobial therapy in pregnant women with diabetes mellitus in the II-III trimesters with uncomplicated urinary tract infection.
In the course of the study, 91 women aged 18–40 years were examined. Patients were randomized into 2 groups: 45 women entered group I (main), and group II (comparisons) – 46 pregnant women. All women received basic antibiotic therapy used in the clinic for the treatment of chronic nonspecific urinary tract infections. Additionally, pregnant women from the comparison group received Aflazin® 1 capsule 2 times a day for 15 days.
Characteristics of the clinical course of the disease in pregnant women of both groups were homogeneous. The main signs of uncomplicated urinary tract infection were frequent painful urination in small portions, pain in the lower abdomen and in the lumbar region, an increase in body temperature. In 80% of cases, when studying the bacterial culture of the urine of pregnant women, microorganisms were detected in various associations.
After using the drug Aflazin®, changes in the immunological reactivity of the organism were revealed due to a decrease in the level of CD4+-helpers and an increase in the percentage of phagocytosis. There was a change in the microbial spectrum of the organism towards the disappearance of the pathological flora in the urine. In the course of the study, a positive dynamics of the subjective and objective state of the examined women was obtained, a good tolerability and safety of the drug was noted.
Complex therapy, supplemented with Aflazin®, had a significant positive effect on the overall condition of pregnant women. Efficacy of treatment as sufficient or high was noted in 45 (97.8%) cases from 46 in the comparison group and in 20 (44.4%) cases from 45 in the main group. The results obtained make it possible to recommend Aflazin® for the complex treatment of nonspecific urinary tract infections in women with diabetes mellitus in the II and III trimesters of pregnancy.
- Alekseev, V.A. “Clinical significance of the state of metabolism of connective tissue, cellular and humoral factors in chronic pyelonephritis.” Ter. Archive 6 (1998): 46–8.
- Avramenko, T.V. Diabetes and Pregnancy. Obstetrics and Gynecology. National manual, Vol. 1 / Ed. by V.M. Zaporozhan. Kyiv. Medicine (2013): 836–62.
- Balabolkin, M.I. Endocrinology. Moscow. Medicine (2004): 415 p.
- Borys, O.M., Sumenko, V.V., Onyshchik, L.M., et al. “Modern approach to the treatment of uncomplicated urinary tract infections in pregnant.” Women’s Health 1.57 (2011): 147–51.
- Vasilyeva, Z.V., Baranova, I.N., Tyagunova, A.V., et al. “Renal function in pregnant women with diabetes mellitus.” Obstetrics and Gynecology 5 (2014): 45–50.
- World Health Organization (WHO). Diabetes. Report of the WHO Study Group. Technical Report Series. Geneva (2016).
- Vdovichenko, Y.P., Zarichanskaya, K.V., Gurchenko, E.Y., Boyko, A.I. “Investigation of the effectiveness of Aflazin™ phytomolecules in the complex treatment of patients with acute cystitis.” Men’s Health 2 (2012): 176–9.
- Gorpinchenko, I.I., Gurzhenko, Y.N., Dziurak, V.S., Shcherbak, A.Y. “Investigation of the clinical efficacy of selective phytomolecules «Aflazin™» in the complex treatment of patients with chronic nonspecific infections of the lower urinary tract.” Men’s Health 3 (2009): 97–102.
- Grigoryan, V.A. Urodynamic changes in the urinary tract in pregnant women. Thesis abstract for PhD degree. Moscow (1991): 20 p.
- Gurzhenko, Y.N., Fedoruk, A.S., Klimenko, P.M. “Efficiency of selective phytomolecules of Aflazin in complex treatment of patients with excretory-toxic infertility.” Men’s Health 2 (2010): 218–21.
- Gutman, L.B. “Current issues of extragenital pathology of pregnant woman.” Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology 2 (1992): 38–41.
- Kalugin, V.O., Zub, L.O., Maliukh, L.S., et al. “New approaches to treatment and prevention of chronic pyelonephritis.” Actual problems of nephrology 6 (2016): 226–8.
- Minina, O.O. Prevention and treatment of pyelonephritis in pregnant women with diabetes. Thesis abstract for PhD degree. Kyiv (1996): 20 p.
- Tkachenko, L.I., Tolstoy, V.A., Levada, I.N., Sukmanskaya, N.S. “Application of «selective phytomolecules» «Aflazin®» in the complex treatment of patients with uncomplicated urinary tract infection.” Men’s Health 4 (2009): 139–44.
- Tumanova, L.E., Radysh, T.V. “State of immunological reactivity in pregnant women and mothers with chronic pyelonephritis.” Materials of the plenum of the Board of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Ukraine. Zaporizhzhia (1995): 3–4.
- AL-Kassab, A.S., Razuiddins, S. “Immune activation and T-cell subsents abnormalities in circulation of patients with recently diagnosed type I diabetes mellitus.” Clin Exp Immunal 81.2 (2002): 267–71.
- Hadden, P.R. “Diabetes in pregnancy.” Diabetologia 29.1 (2006): 1–9.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Т. В. Авраменко, А. В. Грибанов, И. В. Кривущенко
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.