Treatment of secondary oligomenorrhea by electroacupuncture after artifiticial abortion. Prediction of treatment results in women with disorders of autonomic homeostasis
Keywords:secondary oligomenorrhea, artificial abortion, violation of autonomic homeostasis, electroacupuncture, prediction of treatment
Changes in reproductive health as menstrual function disorders are common after gynecological diseases and surgery. They are accompanied by high resistance to treatment and risk of adverse effects when using hormone therapy. In fertile aged women with violations of autonomic homeostasis that had artificial abortion, menstrual function disorders are often manifestate as oligomenorrhea.
The article presents the results of treatment of women using acupuncture. We used existing techniques electric acupuncture stimulation of biologically active points, which is used for the correction of ovarian-menstrual disorders in fertile aged women. Once the secondary amenorrhea is diagnosed women were divided into 2 groups. First group included women who have recovered after treatment with electroacupuncture regular menstrual cyclicity functions implemented within two menstrual cycles consistent physiological parameters – duration of the cycle, duration and volume of menstrual blood loss. Second group included women, that after two courses of electroacupuncture haven`t had a renewal of menstruation, which was evaluated by the value of these three clinical signs. Further treatment of women conducted by the administration of hormonal therapy in the form of oral contraceptives and other drugs.
Treatment and examinations was done by the following algorithm: biologically active point – San-jiao-yin (RP6), Tzu-kung (RS49) bilateral and point Kuan-yuan (J4) were stimulated with a frequency of 4–6 Hz and pulse amplitude value 4.6 mA, which changed within 30 minutes. Before beginning treatment and at the end of each session electroacupuncture measured the pain threshold value in absolute terms milliamperes, dosed by stimulating the skin of the finger on left hand with a frequency of 50–100 Hz and increase of amperage. Notification of pain during the first electrode determined threshold of pain, the maximum amperage corresponds to the threshold of pain tolerance.
According to the authors, the use of non-hormonal correction (electroacupuncture) is an effective treatment for such disorders. Predicting the results of treatment of secondary amenorrhea in fertile aged women with violations of autonomic homeostasis that had artificial abortion by pain thresholds may be done using methods proposed by the authors.
- Podolskyi, Vl.V. “Features of vegetative state of homeostasis in women of childbearing age with changes in reproductive health.” Women health 6.102 (2015): 157–62.
- Podolskyi, Vl.V. “Prediction of abuse vegetative homeostasis manifestations and clinical characteristics of women of childbearing age who had an abortion.” Ukraine. Health of Nation 2.34 (2015): 43–48.
- ICD 10 (International Classification of Diseases, 10th revision). Classification of mental and behavioral disorders. Clinical description and guidelines for the diagnosis. Ed. by J.L. Nuller, S.Y. Tsirkin. Sankt-Petersburg. Overlaid (1994): 297 p.
- Podolskyi, Vl.V. “Features of menstrual dysfunction and its correction in women with reproductive health changes and disorders of vegetative homeostasis.” Actual issues of pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology 2 (2012): 150–3.
- Stener-Victorin, E., Waldenstrom, U., Andersson, S.A., Wikland, M. “Reduction of blood flow impedance in the uterine arteries of infertile women with electroacupuncture.” Hum Reprod 11 (1996): 1314–7.
- Ewies, A., Olah, K. “The sharp end of medical practice: the use of acupuncture in obstetrics and gynaecology.” BJOG 109 (2002): 1–4.
- Lee, J.H., Ernst, E. “Acupuncture for labor pain management: a systematic review. Am J Obstet Gynecol 191 (2004): 1573–9.
- Chen, B.Y. “Acupuncture normalizes dysfunction of hypothalamic-pituitary-owian axis.” Acupunct Electrother Res 22 (1997): 97–108.
- Nacatani, Y., Yamashyta, K. Ryodoraku acupunkture. Tokyo (1977).
- Murashko, N.K., Chupryna, G.M., et al. Reflexotherapy. Manual, Vol. 2. Kyiv (2013): 161–70.
- Chen, B.Y., Yu, J. “Relationship between blood radioimmunoreactive beta-endorphin and hand skin temperature during the electro-acupuncture induction of ovulation.” Acupunct Electrother Res 16 (1991): 1–5.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Вол. В. Подольський, О. П. Карпенко, В. В. Подольський
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.